Chat box

2012/06/25

[Eng][Part 2]Singapore Magazine U-Weekly Interview

I didn't know that Jeong Hoon is a fan of Donnie Yen :D
I like Donnie Yen's kungfu movies too.


Back to our magazine:


U-Weekly 28 May 2012 issue 338

Part 2:
Translated by Singaporean fan chin

Kim Jeong Hoon would like to work with Donnie Yen

In last weeks’s interview, Kim Jeong Hoon revealed the change in the types of script he selects. This week, he will share with U-Weekly his experience in shooting dramas in China, and his outlook on love.


Language Is The Biggest Barrier

UW: Before enlistment, you acted in the collaborative production, “Love Strategy”; after you left the army in February last year, you acted in “Tiptoe to Kiss Love”. Why did you choose to act in overseas dramas during those crucial moments (before enlistment and after you left the army)?
JH: I think it was fate. I did not deliberately choose to act in overseas dramas. The opportunity presented itself. I think I was quite lucky. ‘Language’ is the biggest problem when acting in overseas dramas. My Mandarin is not fluent, thus during the filming in China, I said my lines in Korean while the other party would say in Mandarin. We were not as close as it could have been. Furthermore, I had to memorize the other party’s lines in order to speak my own lines well. Honestly, in that situation, I could not utilize my strengths and thus I was not very satisfied with my acting. Other than language, everything was alright. After all, we are Asians and we have many similarities.


Memorable cooperation with Ng Man Tat

UW: What did you enjoy most when you were filming in China?
JH: Chinese food. Steamboat is my favorite. I love Sichuan dishes in particular; I really love them. I often eat steamboat in Korea.


UW: Among the Chinese actors you have worked with, who gave you the best impression? Which Chinese actor would you like to work with in the future?
JH: Ng Man Tat. He is not just a senior in terms of acting; there are many things I would like to learn from him. He never brought his script to the film set, because he had already memorized it. He was very polite and would give up his seat to me whenever he saw me. When we were filming in Shanghai, Ng Man Tat had to leave the location early after he finished all his scenes. I could not bear to part with him, and I cried. I hope that I have the chance to work with him again in future. In addition, I would also love to work with Donnie Yen. I am his fan. His action movies are fabulous.


No Time For Relationships

UW: You are 32 years old now. Do your parents try to rush you into marriage or matchmaking? What is your stand on marriage?
JH: I am still not used to being asked such questions. I am no longer young. If I marry now, by the time my child starts elementary school, I will be 40 years old. But currently I do not intend to get married, nor do I have the time to find a girlfriend.


P.S.: I have been to Singapore once because of work. Singapore is like a European country. Being in Singapore was as if I was in Paris. There was a kind of romantic feeling. I hope I have the chance to meet my fans in Singapore again in future.


Reporter’s comments:
"Many Koreans know that Kim Jeong Hoon is very intelligent. I remember reading online articles regarding Kim Jeong Hoon’s high school results. Oh my god! He was one of the top 20 students in Korea! Before his debut, he used to be a Dentistry student in Seoul National University, the best university in Korea. Maybe because of his intelligence and talents, he thinks that being a dentist is a mundane occupation and not suitable for him. During the interview, I felt that both his thinking and reaction were really fast. And he talked in a logical manner. When he was elaborating on something, he sounded like a scholar."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...